Tuesday 6 March 2012

8th Week in MTC ....

Feb 28, 2012
Hey Everyone!!!
How are you all doing? How is life? How has your week been? What's the weather up in Canada like? What things did you learn this week? :) 

Well this week has been quite interesting. It's has its ups and downs. So in my last week's email I think I mentioned that one of our teachers had left. We got our new teacher the following Monday, and he is a great person and teacher. It is tough because he only talks Korean to us in class unless he's explaining the activity that we will be doing. It is a blessing, and really hard for me. It's a blessing because it will train my ear to be able to hear Korean a little better, but also hard because after being talked to in Korean for an hour my brain kind of just shuts off. It's bad because our class is for 3hrs straight. So Monday was a really unpleasant experience for me. 

We were reviewing Korean adjectives, and I thought I had known how to structure the sentence. Turns out that I was SO wrong! I was not understanding how to put the sentences together, and I got frustrated at myself for not being able to learn it. So it was a downward spiral. My dear companion was doing her best to help me, and I am very thankful to her for her help. :) 

I am still trying to diligently learn adjective grammar structure, and hope that by the end of this week I'll be able to form adjective grammar structures. :)

Also this week, we had a new companion join our companionship!! The new sister in our new district arrived this week along with our new district! She is Sister Chase, from Lehi! :) She is a darling sister, and I am so happy she is in our companionship! It's amazing to see her and think that I was in her shoes 7 weeks ago! But I hope that we are an encouragement to her, that she will be able to learn this language. :) 

Also this week on Saturday, we had TRC, and for the first time, my companion was able to teach a 40min lesson without our notes. And we were able to teach with unity, and with the Spirit! :) It was a big uplifter to me because this week, I was struggling a little with learning the language and memorizing all the dano (vocab). So it was such a blessing to me that my companion and I were able to teach a lesson without anything. :) 

And also our district will be teaching a real investigator! Kim Seo Eun, she is from Korea, and is here on an exchange school program. She has been meeting the 'outside' missionaries who actually proselytizes in Utah. She has been attending TRC, and two of our missionaries met her on Saturday. Sis. Judd, our teacher, got in contact with our investigator's guardian, and our teacher will continue to bring her to TRC for us to teach her! :) We also sent her little notes to encourage her, and let her know that we love her! :) I am soo happy! I find SO much joy in this gospel that I want to share it to everyone I can! :) So next week in TRC, I am looking forward to meeting her! :) 

Also today, we went through the temple with our new district. One of our new elders was going through the temple for the first time! He received his Endowments today!! :) SOOO exciting! I was soo happy for him. He's from Cambodia and will be going to Korea! :)

I don't remember if I told you, but I memorized our purpose in Korean :). I was also able to analyze it and understand how it is translated into Korean! :) It's amazing!!! I want to share our purpose with you in Korean and English :) 
(Korean)우리의 묵적:
다른 사람들이 여수 그리스도와 그분의 속죄에 대한 신앙, 회개, 침례, 성신의 은사, 및 씉가지 견딤을 통해 회복된 복음을 받아들이도록 도움으로써 그리스도에게 나아오도록 권유한다.
(Korean English)
Our's Purpose:
Other people's Jesus Christ His atonement about faith repent, baptism, spirit's gift and endure to the end through restored gospel to accept in order to help through Christ to come out in order to invite.
(English)Our Purpose:
Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
My small but simple testimony:
저는 이복음을 참되다는 것을 알고있습니다. 그리고 저는 하나님게서 우리을 사랑하는것을 알고있습니다. 저는 조겝 스미스가 하나님 과 에수 그리스도를 봤는 것을 알고있습니다. 저는 몰몬경을 참되다는 것을 알고있습니다. 에수 그리스도 이름으로 말드립니다. 아멘.
English Korean:
I this gospel truth ((는 것을)gerund is connector to two verbs in the sentence) know. And I Heavenly Father we love (gerund) know. I Joseph Smith Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ saw (gerund) know. I Book of Mormon truth (gerund) know. Jesus Christ name in speak(honourfied). Amen.
English:
I know this gospel is true. And I know Heavenly Father loves us. I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

I know that this is His gospel, and that God loves each and everyone of us! I know it to be true. And I hope all of you have a wonderful day today! :) I am so happy to have this opportunity to be here to serve this mission! I love you all very very much. Thanks for writing me! I really appreciate it all, and I appreciate the messages that you share with me, they are uplifting and I love it! Take care and until next week, take care! :)

Love
Sister Kwok