Tuesday 21 February 2012

The 7th week in MTC ...

Feb 21, 2012
Hey everyone!!!
How are you doing!? how is your week been? What's happening?!?!

Can you believe it?! I've been out for 6 weeks, and starting my 7th!! Sooo sooo crazy cool!! hahaha~ :)

Well I am doing great! This week was a tough week for our district. As I said last week, we had our older district leave, and our native Koreans as well. We also had to say good-bye to our teacher. He had a job offer that was to do with his major. So he took the job. He didn't want to leave teaching, but because of the time commitment that job requires, he had to let teaching us go. So we were really sad to see him go, but we are happy for him.

We also had to say good-bye to one of our elders this week. He went home and we hope that he will be coming back in about 8 months or so. It was a very emotional week. It's hard to let him go, because we know that once he's out back home, Satan will do everything he can to make the elder not be able to come back on his mission. So please pray that he will have the strength to withstand the temptations that will arise. We really hope to see him in Korea! It was really hard for his companion to let him go too! so please pray for him as well.

Yesterday we had a great teaching experience, my cha-mae-nim and I. We were teaching each other in class about the gospel of Jesus Christ. And we got to do it in ENGLISH!!! :) I look forward to teach in Korean, but speaking in English was GREAT! Cause I could express what I really wanted to say, and it was just great!! :)

My cha-mae-nim and I decided to talk about praying. We taught Elder Morris, who took on a role of a friend he knew. My cha-mae-nim and I wasn't prepared, because we were kinda just thrown into a teaching situation. But because we had read about teaching with unity in PMG earlier that day, and teaching by the spirit, we were able to apply that reading into our teaching yesterday. Starting was a little rough at first, but as we went on, the teaching became more smooth, and the flow was natural. In our lesson, we were actually able to feel the spirit, and the Elders (Elder Morris, and Keetch) that we taught also felt the spirit. It was amazing. And after our teaching experiences, our teacher reminded us that in order to be led by the spirit we need to remember to:
 1. be a good girl/boy
 2. keep the commandments
 3. honor our covenants

If we do these things we will be blessed:
 1. Your feet will be guided
 2. Your mouth will be filled
 3. You will be in the right place at the right time
 4. You will be doing what you are suppose to be doing

She also testified of these things, because she also experienced it when she was on her mission, and she got those from Elder Bednar's talk when she was at the MTC. :)

Well I don't really have much else to say, other than that I am loving my experience here in the MTC! :) We get a new district tomorrow, and I am excited to meet them all. I will be mean, and only speak to them in Korean and very broken English. :P In a way this will be a blessing, because it will force me to learn to talk Korean 24/7, and that will help me when I go to Korea. But how I got this idea was that our older district before us, did kind of a similar thing with us! :P and we just want to pass it on to the next district after us! :) hahaha~

Well I hope you are all doing well! Thank you for the letters you send me! they are so inspiring, and I love to hear how you are doing. Also you never know what your message will do to others. On Thursday of this past week, I needed to hear something encouraging, and my brother sent me a poem that he wrote that he found inspiring to himself. It motivated me to stop mopping around, and actually get to work. I still need to work so I am prepared to meet the people of Korea, and bring them unto Christ.

I will share his poem that he wrote:

pastedGraphic.pdf
Well I am SO glad to be on my mission right now! and I am SO glad to have made the decision to serve! This is the best thing I have done so far! and I love it! :) I Love you all very very much! and I hope your week will be great! Love you very much! and send you a new email next week! Muah~

-Love
Sister Kwok