Tuesday 7 February 2012

More Spiritual experience & Senior Sister Missionaries leave for Korea!!

Feb 7th, 2012

How are you all doing? How has your week been?

I'm kind of feeling under the weather right now, cause I apparently have Labyrinthitis...or something similar to that, and the doctor has me on Meclizine 25mg 3x a day. It's an inner-ear infection and is messing up my balance. So yesterday I went to the doctor and he gave me some medications. If it still continues tomorrow I need to go see him again. So I hope everything will be okay. I did get a blessing, and I was able to make it to the temple today! and I am very happy about.  Also, I think my body is finally getting into some shape so I can function...so yea` hahaa.

Well this week was awesome! My Cha-mae-nim and I have really really felt the spirit this past week! I think it started when we actually tried to have companionship study, cause they don't really schedule companionship study into our schedules. So yea~ we have been trying to get it in, and it has made a difference. Also we decided to focus on teaching in unity with one another and with the spirit. we also focused on Teaching by the spirit and Through the spirit. It has made a big difference in how we are teaching, because before one would dominate the lesson(mostly my cha-mae-nim), and I would just sit there and nod. The reason is I had no idea where she was going in the lesson, but after we focused to teach more in unity and with the Spirit, I was able to understand where she wanted the lesson to go, what she was saying, and how to teach our investigators or just other people.

In TRC (which is a workshop of real investigators or already member people who we teach) it was amazing!!! It was our first TRC because last week I was sick, and had to miss it. But I was able to go this week to TRC and it was AMAZING!! in our first visit, we shared the scripture Alma 32:8 and 2 Nephi 32:8-9. Anyways, we intended to teach the investigator about prayer until our investigator asked what humility was. I have to say I was a little shocked, and wasn't sure what to do at first, but that was when the Spirit started to work. I was able to quickly remember that in Preach My Gospel it had a section about Humility. I pulled it out and started to read to the investigator what humility was. My Cha-mae-nim also was also being enlightened by the Spirit to know what to say. That was the most amazing experience, and it surely is a testament that our Heavenly Father is real and that He is here wanting us all to hear His gospel! The Lord sure does work in mysterious ways!! :)

So our goal this week is to teach with the spirit as a focus, and teach in unity with each other. :D Also what was very uplifting to me this week, was going back to the goals we had set in our first week and seeing how far we have come. We, as a companionship, have been slowly accomplishing those goals. we have tried to incorporate speaking our language in everything we say and many other things that I can't remember right now. But it felt good to feel that i was progressing in my goals! :)

Anyways, I can't really tell you all much about my week, cause I'm having a really hard time focusing and trying to comprehend what is going through my head at the moment. Anyways, I just want to let you know that I love you all so so much, and pray for each and everyone of you! I truly love you, and appreciate your emails/letters! they are like my highlight of the day, and I get SO excited to get mail!! hahaha~ I love you guys soo much! and I know this is where I need to be! I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord! This is His work and His glory to proclaim the gospel to ALL His children to give them the choice to accept or not to accept His gospel! It is amazing, and it truly is Amazing to see the work move forward! 
I am so happy to be here, and cannot wait to go to Korea! I have fallen in LOVE with our native korean missionaries!! They are soo adorable and amazing! This last fast sunday was a very spiritual one! Although I couldn't understand much of what they were saying in their testimonies, I felt the spirit.

I am sooo soo happy that the Sister Missionaries will be leaving for Daejeon! I love them so much, and they made me very happy yesterday when they stopped by my apartment and offered a prayer for me so that I could feel better. They have such amazing faith, and all of the Korean Missionaries will be great missionaries!!!

Also next week, it'll be a big week! The senior missionaries in our district are leaving for Korea, and we become the senior missionaries in our district! >,< I don't feel ready for this responsibility, but I know that the Lord will help us in being a good example to the new missionaries coming in, and I want to help them as much as I can. I am excited to meet them! any ways. My time is running out, so I just want to let you all know that I truly love you all dearly! take care and be safe!!!
Love,
Kwok Cha-mae-nim