Tuesday 17 January 2012

My FIRST letter Home

Jan 17, 2012


An-young-ha-sae-yo kah-jook! :D
How are you all doing? How has your week been?? :D

Well this week has been SOOOOO amazing!!! :D My companion and I are really close! she is such a darling, her name is Johnson chamenim (chamenim for sister).
She is like half a year older than me, and she is the second oldest of 5 kids. She's the first to go on a mission, and she is doing wonderful!

Our district is AMAZING!!! we are already like a family! :) we have: Elder(s) [chong-no-dur]: Breakvoult (from Germany ;D), Morris, Keech, Brown, Jenson, Gibbons, and Andersen.
Our teacher, Chamenim Judd, is an awesome teacher. She has taught us a lot of Korean already, and she said our district has a lot of 'Jung' (Unity). So I am enjoying it here!

Man, I cannot believe how much we are learning about the Korean language. Already in a week, we know how to put sentences together, past, future, and present tense sentences,
and we know how to pray in Korean already. Now I just need to work on my Dano (vocab). But I do agree with Chame-nim Cho that Korean is easy! :D hahaha~~

Well, we've been teaching an investigator, his name is Kim-min-seung. He is from Busan, but lived in Seoul. He is now studying at BYU in the engineering program.
And also investigating in the church. The second day in the MTC, we had to teach him IN KOREAN!!! hahaha~ Let me tell you, it was HARD! because we only knew a
few phrases in Korean, and I was still having trouble to understand my sun-bae-nim (Teacher).

So Johnson Chamenim and I prepared a lesson for Kim hyung-jae-nim (brother) about how Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us, and wants us to go back to him.
And we got to know Kim hyung-jae-nim too. But before we went into the lesson, My Chamenim and I prayed for the spirit to be with us, and to help us teach Kim hyung-jae-nim.
And surprisingly, I was able to get and understanding about what Kim-hyung-jae-nim was saying to us.

And that wasn't the only time that happened to us, the second lesson that we taught Kim-hyung-jae-nim, our lesson started out with us asking him if he had any questions. And even though
we were not prepared to answer his question, the Spirit guided Chamenim Johnson and I to explain to him why our church was different from other churches. It was amazing!! and then we
were able to tie in the answer into our lesson which was about Joseph Smith and about the Restoration of the Gospel through the Book of Mormon. And then we invited him to pray.

Our last lesson, which was yesterday, we taught him about prayer, and the importance of prayer.We challenged him to pray to Heavenly Father each day, and he was excited to do it!
And we gave him a Book of Mormon, and he wants to read it!! :D I am sooo soo happy for Kim-hyung-jae-nim!! :)

This week has really built my testimony about the power of prayer, and the power of handing things over to the Lord, BUT making sure we do all we can to prepare. Also I have a testimony of His
love for His children! I am so happy when Kim-hyung-jae-nim was excited to read the Book of Mormon and pray! it made me happy, and I know it makes Heavenly Father happy as well! because he is
coming unto Christ. I also have a testimony on striving to listen to the spirit and how important it is for us to work to be worthy for the spirit to be with us, because it is the spirit who teaches the people.
We are only there to help the people make the connection and start to build the relationship with Heavenly Father and teach them to listen to the Spirit as well, so they will know for themselves that
these things that we are teaching them are true.

I am soo happy I decided to go on a mission! I truly know that this is where I need to be. I have enjoyed helping my Chung-no-dur and Cha-mae-nim (elders and sister [in my district]). I have also enjoyed
learning about not thinking about myself, and thinking of others. It truly helps me see the world differently. And I want to continue loving the people around me! :)

Well I am soo soo happy and excited to go to Korea, and serve the people of Korea!! I KNOW that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be, and I am grateful for my decision to go on my mission!
I am learning SO much about discipline, and Cho-Aye-oh (It is good!) ;D hehehe~ Well I am running out of time! Sarang-hey-oh!!! (I love you) and I can't wait to hear from you all to see how you're doing!!

PS-> PLEASE WRITE TO ME!!! I ENJOY GETTING MAIL!!! :D hehehe~

With LOTS of Love,
Kwok Chamenim